A number of restaurants across Hull & East Yorkshire have rallied-round to support a campaign by Manchester United footballer, Marcus Rashford.
Rashford, who lobbied the government to provide meal vouchers for unprivileged school children this half-term, failed in his effort when MPs voted against the motion last week.
But now restaurants, cafes and other businesses up and down the country have come together to supply free meals to children during this half-term holiday so that no child has to go hungry.
Solita Bar & Grill at Hull Marina, who only opened this summer, have joined in the campaign and will be providing free burgers and chips to anyone who needs them.
Children and parents can discretely message their order through the Solita Facebook page and choose either a Burger with fries or vegetarian burger with fries. They can then collect between 3pm-6pm each day this week until Friday (30th October).
“We are very grateful for the support we’ve received since reopening, especially in August. We now want to return that amazing support. This is completely self-funded so please only use if truly needed.”
Other Hull & East Yorkshire restaurants/cafes offering the free meals (with no need to purchase an adult meal or dine in ) are:
- Estabulo Rodizio Bar and Grill, Beverley
- The Molescroft Inn, Beverley
- Humber Dock Bar & Grill, Humber Dock Street, Hull Marina
- Take a Break Cafe, 3 Church Street, Drypool
- The Freedom Centre, Preston Road, east Hull
- Take the Exit Escape Eooms, Silver Street, Hull
- Temptation, St Stephen’s, Hull city centre
- Hang Out, Newland Avenue, west Hull
- Kingfisher Fish and Chips, Spring Bank West
- Clare’s Cafe and Catering, Scultocates Lane, Hull
Please check the restaurant & cafe Facebook pages for full details on what and how you can order.